Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time Flies.....

"Time flies when you're having fun". We have all heard this saying hundreds of times. This is so true, and apparently I am having a lot of fun lately because this year has already been going by way too fast! It seems like I was just barely saying that I couldn't believe it was already April, and now it's half way through May! I am sure I can accredit part of this to my newly added hobbies that I decided to start as part of my New Year's Resolution. With this being said, do I really want time to fly? Even if I am having fun?

It is so easy to get caught up with every day activities and live in fast forward. If you are lucky, something will come along to remind you to slow down and savor the beautiful moments in life. For me, this wake up call came from music. A couple of years ago, Adam and I got to see the band, Sigur Ros, in concert. It was honestly the most emotional and moving concert I have ever been to. Their music is so beautiful and honest. It brought out so many different emotions in me all at once. Every time I listen to their music it brings me back to that moment. The moment where I let everything sink in, the moment where time stood still. This is a reminder mostly to myself, but also to everyone to slow down and enjoy the beautiful things in life. The people, the scenery, the music, the laughs, the animals, the conversations, and even the pain. Because these are the things that create the memories and shape us into the people we are. Soak it all in! Now for the music that inspired this blog post...



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment