Friday, March 4, 2011

Moab

Over President's Day weekend Adam and I got to take a fun little trip to Moab with his awesome family. It was so much fun! I had never been there before (shocking, I know), but I am glad I finally got to experience it. We hiked around every day. The first day, we went to Arches National Park. The second day, we hiked to Corona and Bowtie Arch and then drove out to Dead Horse Point. On the last day we went out and hiked at Fisher Towers (my favorite). I must say that using my new camera in such a gorgeous place was really fun! Pictures still don't do it justice, but I hope these pictures give you a little glimpse of how cool it really is.

Oh ya, and one more thing.....I love living in Utah!

Day 1 - Arches National Park
Balancing Rock
Double Arch
View from below the arch
Creepy alien rocks. It looks like a bunch of bobbling alien heads. (I think the storm clouds in the background makes them look even creepier)!
Day 2 - Corona and Bowtie Arch
No throwing rocks at the photographer, Steve!


Bowtie Arch or as we liked to call it "The Pot" (it looks like a toilet ha ha)

Corona Arch - Can you see the ant-like people walking? Just goes to show how big the arch really is. Pretty Crazy!
Kathy and Tasha :)
I love this picture! 
Dead Horse Point - I wish I would've gotten some better pictures here, but it started to get stormy and overcast so they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. Pretty cool place though!
Day 3 (my favorite) - Fisher Towers
Awesome formations
It seemed like they were never-ending the further we hiked in
I love the little (or should I say big) squiggley formation at the top
Adam took this picture (well done my friend)
How does a formation like this even happen without crumbling!?! So crazy!
Another favorite picture of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment