Sunday, July 17, 2011

Handshake Etiquette

This is a topic I feel very strongly about and due to some recent incidents I felt compelled to blog about this. If any of you are guilty of this, please do not take it as offensive, but rather as constructive criticism for future encounters :)

So here it is... handshakes. Let me describe a scenario for you. You are meeting someone for the first time. Perhaps this person is a confident looking, big, strong man. You extend your hand to offer a greeting and when you go to shake their hand, their hand is limp (this is known as the dead fish)!! I don't know why it is a pet peeve of mine, but there are few things worse than this type of situation. I instantly peg that person as a potential creeper! I know it may seem wrong of me, and it may be a bit unfair and rash, but I can't help but judge a person by their handshake. I also understand that maybe there is a different approach towards women as we are sometimes considered "fragile", so you don't want to crush our hands. But remember peeps, a little firmness never hurts!!

I am going to leave you with a a short little video on handshakes 101

No comments:

Post a Comment